The Adult Day Habilitation Program at Githens Center offers a warm, nurturing environment for adults with disabilities, ages 21 and over. Here, participants can enjoy a wide range of meaningful activities, learn new skills and socialize with peers. Our specialized staff provide on-going training in the areas of personal care and self-help skills, communication, mobility, social skills, cultural experiences and job related activities.
Regular Adult Day Program activities include:
- Horticulture and outdoor gardening
- Morning walks, library trips and exercise
- Music therapy and karaoke
- Game Day, Movie & Popcorn Day and Pizza Day
- Cooking activities and enrichment life skills
- Painting, arts & crafts and so much more!
- Creative Expression
- Interactive Music Programs and Community Experiences