The Adult Day Program at Githens Center offers a warm, nurturing environment for adults with disabilities, ages 21 and over. Here, participants can enjoy a wide range of meaningful activities, learn new skills and socialize with peers. Our specialized staff provide on-going training in the areas of personal care and self-help skills, communication, mobility, social skills, cultural experiences and job related activities. Physical, speech and occupational therapy consultation are provided, and each participant’s physical status is regularly monitored with recommendations made for use of adapted devices.
Regular Adult Day Program activities include:
• Horticulture and outdoor gardening
• Morning walks, library trips and exercise
• Music therapy and karaoke
• Game Day, Movie & Popcorn Day and Pizza Day
• Cooking activities and enrichment life skills
• Painting, arts & crafts and so much more!